To configure the Java SE Development Kit 8 in Eclipse for development, please follow these steps:
Prerequisites: You have to install the JDK 8 first.
- Step 1: On Eclipse, go to Windows > Preferences:
- Step 2: Go to Java > Installed JREs; then press the “Add…” button:
- Step 3: Select the Standard VM option:
- Step 4: Then select the JDK Home folder as the JRE Home with the “Directory…” button; mine is located at C:\oracle\Java\x64\jdk1.8.0_45.
- Step 5: Select the installed JDK 8 as default JRE, and finally Apply: